Sunday, July 18, 2010

Renovating Room: Day 1

Today is Sunday the 18th, and I am currently prepping my room for painting. This morning my dad and I cleared most of the stuff out of my room, or into the center of my room, so we had room to paint. Moving everything might seem like a small job, but boy it was not! I was breaking a sweat; nevertheless, we got the job done in about an hour. After we moved everything, we began to spackle the walls. Spackling is filling in any holes or imperfections in the wall! Basically just smoothing the wall.

When that was finished, we put on a base coat to prepare for painting. This didn't take too long, but putting up all the tape did! Tape is so annoying; unfortunately, it is pretty crucial :(

That is pretty much all we did today. Tomorrow my two best friends are coming over to help me paint. We are going to take lots of pictures for you! Talk to you then.



1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I bet you are so excited! I am going to paint my room this summer/ fall because now it is a boring white :(
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete