Hello everyone. This is just a continuation of my Spain packing video. I am going to tell you some more tips and get a little more in depth about what I am packing.
As you know I am bringing two carry on bags. I am bringing one handbag and then my backpack! The reason I am bringing two bags instead of just one is because I want my electronics and passport separated from everything else. The reason for the separation is because I want to be able to easily access my important papers and iPod rather than dig through my whole bag!
Here are some of the TSA rules for carry on items!
1. Nothing sharp (Scissors, knives) - I brought scissors on a plane once to do arts and crafts and they were taken from me!!!:(
2. Everything liquid or gel must be under 3.0 fl oz (You can't even have creams or liquidy foods like jam)
3. All the items under 3.0 fl oz you bring must be put in a 1 quart plastic bag!
4. Only 1 quart size bag is allowed per person
* Just remember 3-1-1: 3 fl oz items - All in one quart plastic bag - One bag per person.
5. You can only bring water that has been purchased in the airport near your gate. If can not be a bottle that was taken in the airport.
So, here is a list of everything I am going to put in my backpack:
Chapstick (Under 3 fl oz.) - I want soft lips!
Cards - You can never go wrong with a game of rummy :)
Paper or a Notebook - This is solely for doodling on the plane!
Pencils or Pens - Obviously so you can draw and write.
Small JACKET - I strongly recommend bringing some sort of jacket on the plane because it can be VERY chilly on planes. You may not use it, but at least it is there in case.
Gum- If you are like me, then you hate when your ears pop! Gum helps me sooo much as the plane is landing.
Sunglasses These can be used when you land at your destination!
Glasses Case - If you are going on an over night trip like I am wearing your contacts may not be a good idea. Since I will try to sleep on the plane, having a safe place to put my glasses is important. You don't want your glasses to fall on the floor of the plane of get smooshed.
Summer Reading - In my opinion, books are crucial when flying! Reading will take up so much time, not to mention help you get through your summer reading quickly.
Spanish Phrase Book - Obviously if you are flying to Florida this book will not be necessary, but having a Spanish phrase book will help me a lot when I land.
Tooth Paste and Tooth Brush - For when you land or when you are on the plane! It is always good to have fresh breath :)
*Here is the list of things I will have in my handbag:
Plane Information: Boarding Pass/ Electronic Ticket
ID ( Student id or license)
Now that I went through what I am bringing on the plane, I am going to talk about everything that I am packing in my suitcase!
I have one suitcase; it is actually pretty small, but I have some tips on how to fit everything you need inside! My tip is rolling. Some of you probably already roll your clothes when you travel, but if you don't then please try next time you are flying. Rolling will make your clothes drastically smaller, and save you so much room! In the video that will be up on Wednesday on my channel I will show you how I actually roll my clothes.
The next thing I am going to talk about is organizing my suit case. I use plastic gallon bags to section off my clothes in my suitcase. I make a bag for each outfit or, if everything can fit, a bag for 2 outfits. Then I just stack all the bags in my suit case. I did not put my pajamas in a bag because I didn't think they needed their own bag, but I did roll them! Some people will think that putting the clothes in plastic bags is a waste of time and resources, but I think it works really well! Another reason the bags are helpful, other than for organization, is that they will help keep your dirty clothes away from your clean clothes. When you are finished with an outfit you can just put it right back in the bag and zip it up!
Here are a list of the toiletries I am bringing:
1. Contact solution, case, and extra pair
2. Razor and a new blade
6. Body splash
7. Tooth paste and tooth brush
8. Liquid soap
9. Makeup remover
11. Shaving Cream
12. Sun screen
15. Blink eye drops
16. Mouth Wash
I will be wearing a very comfortable outfit on the plane! I like being able to relax on the plane, and not have to worry about being uncomfortable. So, my outfit will be Pink sweat-capris and a tee shirt! I am also wearing sneakers because I think they are so much easier than sandals or flip flops! They may seem like a hassle when you have to take them off at security, but they won't hurt your feet all day! You are going to be doing a lot of walking and the last thing you want is a blister. Another reason I like wearing sneakers on planes is because then you can take off your shoes and still have socks on!
Here is a list of the outfits I am bringing:
* I am wearing my black gladiator sandals with every outfit!
1. A blue halter dress with my button my blouse.
2. A pink high waisted skirt with a tight black v neck.
3. A floral skirt with a white v neck.
4. Romper with my blue blouse.
5. Jean capris with a floral cardigan and a coral tank.
6. Jean capris and my free people white shirt.
7. Jeggins under my blue tunic with a waist belt.
8. My funky pattern dress with a white tank top underneath.
9. My floral, denim skirt with a black v neck.
Then I am packing under shirts and spandex plus pajamas!
I am also bringing some clips and headbands to wear. I am even bringing jewelry, but nothing to fancy!
Here is a list of the makeup I am bringing:
1. Rimmel Fix and Perfect
2. Urban Decay Primer Potion
3. Maybelline Define a line Eye liner
4. Covergirl Lash Blast mascara
5. Maybelline Brow gel
6. NARS Laguna Bronzer
7. Revlon Eye lash curlers
8. Mulch e/s
9. All that Glitters e/s
10. Still Kitten e/s
11. MAC Well Dressed Blush
12. MAC Select Coverup Concealer
14. Femme Fi e/s
15. Black track Fluide-line
16. SS 150
17. SS 217
18. SS 209
19. SS 152
- Try to keep your clothes the same tone, but if you can't then bring atleast one light jacket that will match EVERYTHING!
- Bring one pair of universal shoes. They need to be able to look good with any outfit you bring.
- If your clothes get wrinkly when you land then un-wrinkle them by hanging them in your bathroom as you shower. The steam should help!
- Bring lots of undershirts and underwear!
- Make sure you rip all the price tags off your clothes because some of the tags are too hard to get off without scissors! You wouldn't want to rip your stuff.
- Lay out your outfits before you pack them to make sure you have everything!
- Make check lists. They will help you not forget anything.
- Carry your toiletries in plastic bags incase they spill!
Have a great time on your trips this summer!
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Thursday, June 10, 2010
I read this on xXAllieCosmeticsxX's blog and I thought it was a fun tag! I hope you enjoy my version of it :)
1. What is your first name?
Not so much anymore
3. Are you a girly girl?:
Not completely, but more so than a tom boy...
1. What is your first name?
Not so much anymore
3. Are you a girly girl?:
Not completely, but more so than a tom boy...
4. Who was the last person you hugged?:
My friend Victoria
5. Small or large purses?:
6. Are you short?:
7. Do you like somebody:
8. What would you do if someone smacked your butt?:
Well who slapped it?
9. Do you care if your socks are dirty?:
Nahh, not really!
10. Do you dress up on Halloween?:
Oh yes :)
11. Are you double jointed?:
12. Where is the weirdest place you have slept?:
My pool table!
13. Has anyone touched/smacked your butt in the past 24 hours?:
Yes; my sister just did!
15. Do you call anybody by their last name?:
Lots of people. Some of their nicknames are using their last names...
16. How many guys will read this just because it says “Girl Confessions”?
Probably none because I am not titling it that!
“X” Marks the Spot:
[x] I do wear make up
[x] I have cried at a movie theater.
 I can put mascara on without opening my mouth.
[x] I get jealous.
[x] I think Johnny Depp is sexy.
[x] I love to laugh.
 I like death/grind/black metal.
 I like rap.
[x] I like country
[x] I carry a purse.
[x] I’d be lost without my computer.
[x] I own a Spice Girls CD.
[x] I own a Britney Spears CD.
[x] I own a boy band CD.
[x] I get bored watching football.
 I’ve never been called a spoiled brat.
[x] Guys are confusing.
 I’ve been called a bad influence.
 I have/had a piercing other than my ears.
17. What color is your bra that your wearing?:
Pink polka dots!
18. Do you prefer light or dark haired guys?:
I like both, but dark haired guys are better in my opinion
19. Are you currently frustrated with a boy?:
20. Do you have a best friend(s)?:
4 best friends :)
21. Have you ever had your heart broken?:
22. Have you ever thought of having plastic surgery?:
23. Do you like your life?:
24. Has one of your friends ever stolen a boyfriend from you?:
No, and hopefully they never will!
25. Have you ever jumped in the pool with your clothes on?:
26. Do you have more friends that are girls or boys?:
27. How long have you had Facebook?:
28. Have you ever slapped a boy in the face? :
29. What are your biggest fears?:
Bugs, Choking, Drowning, Not being able to breathe... Just a few!
30. Have you ever cried yourself to sleep?:
Not that I can remember!
31. Have you ever not been able to get someone off of your mind?:
32. Do you believe in the saying “once a cheater, always a
No. I think people can change
33. Have you ever had a good feeling about something?:
34. Do you ever wish you were famous?:
35. Are you currently missing someone?
Some grade school friends :(
This guy or that guy?
Punk/Goth or Gangster?: PASS
Preppy or Cowboy?: Cowboy!!
Face or Body?: Face
Sweet or Sexy?: A little of both :)
Well-educated or Dropout?: Well educated
Armani or Abercrombie?: Armani
City-slicker or Rural Guy?: Hmmm both
Blue, Green, Grey, or Brown eyes?: I like them all
Contacts or Glasses?: CONTACTS! (They are sooo much better)
36. Eyeliner or Mascara?: Eyeliner
37. Louis Vuitton or Dooney & Bourke?: Louis Vuitton
38. Pumps or flats?: Pumps
39. Skirts or pants?: Depends
40. Socks or leggings?: Leggings
41. Hoodies or jackets?: Jackets
42. Heels or sneakers?: Heels
43. Straight or curly hair?: Curly
44. Hoop or dangling earrings?: Hoops
45. White or black?: Both
46. Victoria’s Secret or Bath and Body Works?: Victoria's Secret
47. Smoothies or lattes?: Smoothies! YUMM
48. Diet or regular sodas?: No soda
49. Water or daiquiris?: Water - my favorite drink ever!
50. Pearls or diamonds?: Diamons
51. Vintage or boho?: I don't want to decide!!!! BOTH :)
52. Mary-Kate or Ashley Olsen?: I don't know the difference...
53. Lindsay or Hilary?: 100% Hillary!
54. Ipod or cell phone?: iPhone
55. Friends or family?: Family because if you are my friend then you are my family too!!
56. Lip gloss or lip stick?: Neither. Chapstick
57. Manicure or pedicure?: Manicure
58. Tiffany’s or Chanel?: Tiffany's
59. Love or peace?: Peace & Love
60. Sunglasses or purses?: Purses
In a girl or guy…
Funny or Serious?: Definitely funny!!
Romantic or Daredevil?: You need a bit of both :)
Cute or Hot?: Either
Dark Eyes or Light Eyes?: Either
Long Hair or Short Hair?: Shaggyyyy
Curly Hair or Straight Hair?: What ever!
Clean-cut or Rough?: Rough
Good Dancer or Good Singer?: Dancer
Basketball Player or Football Player?: Basketball!
Jock or Rebel?: No preference
Smoker or Non-smoker?: NON SMOKER.
Druggie or Clean?: Clean
Has a Motorcycle or Has a Sports Car?: What ever they prefer
Beard/Mustache or Clean-shaven?: Clean shaven
Younger or Older?: Does love have an age?
Player or Loyal?: Loyal!
Friday, June 4, 2010
Sorry I haven't posted a blog in a while! I was very busy with exams, but now I am back for good! Here are some songs I have recently uploaded to my iPod! :)
Lay Me Down by Dirty Heads
Beth by The Glee Cast
Passion for Publication by Anarbor
Come on Get Higher by Matt Nathanson
Love Generation by Bob Sinclar
Speechless by Lady Gaga
Everything by Michael Buble
The Way You Love Me by Faith Hill (Not new, but it is great for summer!)
Smile Like You Mean It by Tally Hall
Winner Justin Timberlake
Bonfire by Third Eye Blind
Billionaire by Travie Mccoy
Pyramid by Charice
Best Days of Your Life by Kellie Pickler
Three Little Birds by Bob Marley (PERFECT SUMMER SONG)
There we go! I hope this helps when you are getting new songs on your iPod.